Cat Haven of Greater Baton Rouge
Help a Stray Cat
If you have found a cat or kitten, please try to locate its owner before attempting to place the cat with a rescue organization.
- Check for a microchip by taking to your local veterinarian for scanning.
- Place a “found” ad in the newspaper.
- Post flyers in the neighborhood where the cat was found.
- Check with area veterinarians who might have lost and found information.
- Contact local rescue organizations to see if they have information on lost cats.
- Post pictures and information on Facebook and other lost and found sites.
If you are unable to find the cat's owner using these methods, you can submit an admission request below to Cat Haven requesting placement in our Adoption Program. Unfortunately, we receive many more requests for help than we can honor. As a no-kill organization, we can take in cats and kittens only as space becomes available. We will review your request and let you know as soon as possible whether we are able to help at this time. Please make sure that you give us your correct email address - our reponse will come to you via email.