Cat Haven of Greater Baton Rouge
This Weekend Cat Haven will have cats and kittens available for adoption at the Cat Haven Adoption Center, the PetSmart-Siegen, the PetSmart-Airline and the Petco on Siegen. Come find your fur-ever friend!
- Cat Haven was Baton Rouge’s first cat-only rescue organization and was started in 1999.
- Cat Haven was the first area organization to spay/neuter every pet before adoption.
- Cat Haven fosters an understanding of responsible cat and kitten care.
- Today, Cat Haven boasts a cat and kitten haven - an adoption center professionally designed with all the amenities cats and kittens need to flourish!
- Cat Haven’s Adoption Program has rescued and found loving homes for over 9,000 cats and kittens since 2000.
- Cat Haven has helped to spay or neuter over 9,000 more through Trap-Neuter-Release and low-income assistance programs.
- Cat Haven depends on volunteers, members and donors to continue its work.
- Cat Haven raises money throughout the year for programs, operating expenses and building/shelter requirements.
- Cat Haven relies on local veterinarians to provide quality health care at reduced rates so our cats and kittens have healthy starts before being placed in your home.
- Cat Haven is a Louisiana non-profit organization with a member Board of Directors that is responsible for all aspects of Cat Haven's operations and is accountable to our membership.
Cat Haven Management
Cat Haven’s Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the success of current operations and for expanding opportunities through development and increased public awareness.
Cat Haven’s Development Director is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of Cat Haven's fundraising plans, as well as maintaining relationships with donors and volunteers.
Cat Haven’s Operations Director is responsible for all aspects of the Adoption Program, including intake of cats and kittens, their daily care either at the Cat Haven Adoption Center or in foster homes, coordination of medical care, pursuit of all adoption opportunities and management of volunteers. She has the help of Assistant Operations Director, Mary Van de Putte and Shelter Manager, Samantha Hanks.
Board of Directors
Immediate Past President